Computer performance is characterized by the amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system compared to the time and resources used.
Depending on the context, good computer performance may involve one or more of the following:
- Short response time for a given piece of work
- High throughput (rate of processing work)
- Low utilization of computing resource(s)
- High availability of the computing system or application
- Fast (or highly compact) data compression and decompression
- High bandwidth / short data transmission time
Source : Wikipedia.org
Software can be written in many ways and one can obtain very different results through different approaches. At JNW Consulting, we understand that it is critical your software not only does what it is supposed to do, but that it does it fast.